Seitan Kielbasa Sausage
These seitan sausages are made from wheat protein and can be added to a wide variety of dishes. Once you have made the basic recipe, try changing up the size, shape, and spice mix to your liking!
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp msg or miso paste any color
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp liquid smoke or hickory powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1-2 pinches of dried sage
- 1 1/2 cups wheat gluten
- 1/2 cup soy flour wheat flour is okay too
- Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together until a solid mass is formed.
- Lay a square of saran wrap on the counter and roll up 1/3 of the mixture into a sausage shape, twisting off the ends. Repeat 2x for the rest of the seitan mix to make 2 more sausage rolls.
- Place a steaming rack in the Instant Pot and set the sausage rolls on to the rack.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
- Close the lid, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook (manual) on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Perform a quick release when done. Unwrap sausages carefully!
I learned how to make seitan sausages by watching this video by Chef Ani on YouTube. Her vegan cooking channel is a wonderful resource!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.