This tasty vegan bacon uses a clever blend of coconut flakes, soy sauce, maple syrup, and liquid smoke to create that signature bacon-y flavor & crunch.
The secret to making the best coconut bacon is using larger coconut flakes – not the thin shreds that are often used in bacon. They’re often labeled as “coconut chips” instead of flakes.
You can usually find the kind of coconut chips used in this bacon recipe in stores that sell bulk groceries, or on Amazon. Just make sure they are raw and unsweetened.
Vegan Coconut Bacon
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then spread on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the flakes after 10 minutes and checking for doneness at 15 minutes. When it's done it should be dry and medium brown.