This vegan “cool whip” recipe is the perfect topping for pies, icebox cake, and pudding. It’s so easy to make and so delicious, you might be tempted to eat the whole thing alone!
This recipe will make about 2.5 cups of vegan “cool whip” style whipped cream. It uses coconut oil as a key ingredient. You should use refined coconut oil to avoid having a coconut-y taste.
I used an immersion blender to make this vegan whipped cream. First I blended it with the blade attachment, then after chilling, I whipped it using the balloon whisk attachment.
Vegan Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp plant based milk I use soy milk
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup can sub corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- Blend all ingredients using an immersion blender for 45 seconds, then chill for 2 hours.
- Using an electric mixer with a balloon whisk attachment, whisk until fluffy and peaks hold their shape, about 8-10 minutes.
- For sweeter whipped cream, you can add up to 2 additional Tablespoons of syrup after whipping.
- For vanilla flavor, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract after whipping.