- 1 15oz can Chickpeas $0.52
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil $0.07
- 2 Tbsp Carrots $0.20
- 2 Tbsp Bell Pepper $0.15
- 1 pinch Salt $0.01
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice $0.03
- ½ tsp White Vinegar $0.01
- ½ tsp Minced Garlic $0.01
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning $0.01
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper $0.01
- ¼ tsp Cumin $0.01
Prep: Drain the chickpeas. Chop the bell pepper finely and shred the carrot. Mince the garlic if not already minced.
Add all the ingredients to a bowl or mason jar and shake/stir well.
Cover and let marinate in the fridge at least 8 hours. Keeps up to 3 days in the fridge.
- I prefer to use red bell pepper with this chickpea salad, but you can use any color including green or a combination of colors. The taste will vary slightly depending on which color you choose so choose flavors that you like!
- If you don't have a pre-made Italian seasoning spice mix, use a pinch of each of these dried spices:
- I use California-produced olive oil from Cobram Estate in this and all my recipes calling for olive oil.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2868IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 7mg