Vegan Buttercream Frosting
A fluffy white vanilla buttercream-style frosting - veganized with coconut oil.
Servings: 12 servings (2 cups)
- 1 cup coconut oil *see instructions
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp agave syrup (maple syrup or corn syrup OK)
Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 1 minute, then stir it until all the solid bits are dissolved. Place it in the freezer for 25 minutes or until it has solidified.
Allow the coconut oil to come to room temperature before proceeding. If it is too cold/hard, breaking it up with a fork and a hand mixer will help it soften.
Whip the room-temp coconut oil with a hand mixer until it's creamy. Check for any chunks and crush them up.
Cream the vanilla extract with the coconut oil.
Mix in the powdered sugar in 3 goes, then add in the syrup and oil and whisk until light and fluffy, about 2 more minutes.
- If you put the completed frosting in the fridge, it will harden, so it's best to make it on the same day that you need it.
- Use clear imitation vanilla extract to get a more true white frosting.
Serving: 30g | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1mg | Sugar: 27g | Iron: 1mg