- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp distilled vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (use clear imitation vanilla extract for a whiter cake)
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Vegan Vanilla Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 7" springform cake pan with parchment paper.
Sift the dry ingredients 2x. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients.
Whip aquafaba and cream of tartar until foamy.
Stir aquafaba into the wet mix and then gently stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 50 minutes.
Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting. (Vegan Buttercream Frosting)
Cooking size & time adjustments:
- Cupcakes – double the recipe and bake 25 minutes for 24 cupcakes.
- 9″x13″ sheet cake – double the recipe and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 2 9″ round cakes – double the recipe and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Bundt cake – double the recipe and bake for 50-60 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg