These vegan snowball cookies go by many names – sno-balls, Russian teacakes, Greek Christmas cookies – but no matter what you call ’em, I know you’ll love this vegan version just as much!
Vegan Snowball Cookies
No vegan Christmas cookie spread would be complete without these cute vegan snowball cookies! They are a dairy-free, egg-free take on a holiday classic.
Servings: 12 cookies
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix ½ cup softened vegan butter and ¼ cup powdered sugar.
- Add in ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ½ cup chopped blanched almonds, and 1 cup flour and mix well.
- Scoop dough into 1 Tbsp balls and place 2" apart on prepared sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until bottom of cookies starts to look golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, roll them in ½ cup powdered sugar. Roll them again before serving, once they are completely warm, or dust them with another layer of powered sugar.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Question? Comment? I love to hear from you.Share a comment below or tag me @InstantVeg on Instagram.