These vegan peanut butter cookies are the best! With a crispy outside and chewy inside, you can enjoy the perfect vegan cookie and feel like a kid again. They’re easy to make and the result is always worth the effort!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp corn starch or potato starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Chill for 1 hour (optional, but recommended)
- Scoop 2 Tablespoon heaps of cookie dough and roll into balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart, then press down on the tops of them with the flat side of a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake the vegan peanut butter cookies for 12-15 minutes. Cool on parchment paper, then store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
I wanted to make vegan peanut butter cookies for ages, because they hold a special place in my memory. I used to make them for my husband before we were married, and I’d have to send them in the mail because I was living in America and he was in Finland. I had to make sure he was alright with our crazy American peanut butter cookies, you know? Luckily, he loved the cookies and the rest is history!
These vegan peanut butter cookies are made the same way, but of course without butter or eggs. Instead, I use my own homemade vegan butter recipe and the egg is replaced with water and corn starch. If you have store bought vegan butter, it should also work just fine.