This recipe will make about 2.5 cups of vegan “cool whip” style whipped cream. It uses coconut oil as a key ingredient. You should use refined coconut oil to avoid having a coconut-y taste.
I used an immersion blender to make this vegan whipped cream. First I blended it with the blade attachment, then after chilling, I whipped it using the balloon whisk attachment.
Vegan Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp plant based milk I use soy milk
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup can sub corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- Blend all ingredients using an immersion blender for 45 seconds, then chill for 2 hours.
- Using an electric mixer with a balloon whisk attachment, whisk until fluffy and peaks hold their shape, about 8-10 minutes.
- For sweeter whipped cream, you can add up to 2 additional Tablespoons of syrup after whipping.
- For vanilla flavor, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract after whipping.