These vegan chocolate chip cookies are perfectly formulated to give you that chewy inside with a slightly crunchy outside. They’re our family’s go-to cookies for after school (or after midnight!). Made without any eggs or milk.
How do you make vegan chocolate chip cookies?
First, preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix dry ingredients together first, then add in the wet ingredients and mix everything together (including the vegan chocolate chips!) to make a stiff dough. It helps to refrigerate the dough for an hour before baking cookies 12-15 minutes.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp water
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into balls about 2 tablespoons each, and place the balls 2" apart on the sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, then allow cookies to cool right on the parchment so they don't break before setting.