I love making this creamy cashew based Alfredo sauce recipe to serve with pasta and veggies for a quick weeknight dinner.
It’s filling, satisfying, and super quick to whip together. You can also make extra and freeze it for later use.
How To Make Vegan Alfredo Sauce
To make this vegan version of a cream-based sauce, we’ll be using cashews, water, and a few seasonings.
You’ll need a high-speed blender or food processor to break up the cashews into a smooth puree.
The beauty of this recipe is that we can blend all the ingredients except the Italian seasoning together at once, so it’s really quick.
You could add the Italian seasoning to the blender with everything else in the beginning, but I think it looks nicer and seems more natural to have those little flecks of herbs visible in the sauce.
Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Put everything except the Italian seasoning in a blender and blend at high speed for about 40 seconds.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning and let the Alfredo sauce sit for 10 minutes in the fridge to let the herbs soften up.
- Warm sauce in microwave for 30 seconds, or by pouring directly into hot pasta and covering pot with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Nutritional yeast is completely optional in this recipe. It adds a slightly cheesier taste as well as some extra B Vitamins.
If you tried this sauce, please let me know how it turned out! Remember to check out more vegan dinner ideas, too!