My kids were asking me to make strawberry muffins for weeks, ever since I had promised to make muffins for every weekend. So far I’ve made blueberry muffins, lemon poppy seed muffins, and a few others, but they kept on asking for strawberry muffins.
After much anticipation, these vegan strawberry muffins were a total knockout and we ate all 12 of them in one day!
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries in this recipe. I find that fresh strawberries are the best in the summertime, and the rest of the year I like to use frozen.
If using frozen berries, you can make them easier to slice by running them in water for a little bit. They thaw quickly and you can slice them and be on your way.
Also, the streusel topping in this recipe is totally optional – although I highly recommend it. I used Miyoko’s butter, which is mostly made of coconut oil, so I think coconut oil would work as well.
Vegan Strawberry Muffins (Vegan)
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil vegetable oil okay too
- 1/4 cup aquafaba
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberries, plus more for good measure chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry ingredients in another.
- Mix the streusel ingredients in a small bowl until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just moistened. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Spoon muffin batter into muffin cups, then sprinkle an even layer of the streusel crumbs over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before eating.
Want more vegan muffins? Try these: