Are you obsessed with chocolate? Do you have a sweet tooth? Well, if you said yes to both then this is the cake for you!
It’s more of a fudge. There’s no fluffiness going on here – just a dense and very flavorful chocolate to indulge in.
I originally thought this cake was a dud, but my family wanted to try it. They loved it so much and kept on asking for it night after night for dessert.
I serve this cake with some vegan vanilla ice cream or some vegan whipped cream, and a little cup of coffee goes well with it too!
Instant Pot Chocolate Fudge Cake (Vegan)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup aquafaba
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For The Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 3 Tbsp strong coffee
- 1 Tbsp plant-based milk
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the coconut oil, sugar, and aquafaba in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until the oil is melted and blends smoothly.
- Stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into a 7" springform pan lined with parchment. Fold a piece of foil into a long strip and place the cake pan over it. Fold the ends of the foil up to make handles.
- Place a wire rack in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Place the cake pan in the Instant Pot and tuck the foil handles in the side between the cake pan and pot.
- Press "pressure cook" or "manual" and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally, then allow the cake to cool completely with the lid off.
- Remove the cake from the Instant Pot, cover, and chill for 8 hours.
- Add frosting if desired, serve chilled with a dollop of vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream.
To make the frosting, mix all frosting ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth.