This chocolate fudge cake is truly the ultimate chocolate fix. It’s dense and intensely chocolatey, but not overly rich. It goes perfectly with vegan vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Are you obsessed with chocolate? Do you have a sweet tooth? Well, if you said yes to both then this is the cake for you!
It’s more of a fudge. There’s no fluffiness going on here – just a dense and very flavorful chocolate to indulge in.
I originally thought this cake was a dud, but my family wanted to try it. They loved it so much and kept on asking for it night after night for dessert.
I serve this cake with some vegan vanilla ice cream or some vegan whipped cream, and a little cup of coffee goes well with it too!
Instant Pot Chocolate Fudge Cake (Vegan)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup aquafaba
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For The Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 3 Tbsp strong coffee
- 1 Tbsp plant-based milk
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the coconut oil, sugar, and aquafaba in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until the oil is melted and blends smoothly.
- Stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into a 7" springform pan lined with parchment. Fold a piece of foil into a long strip and place the cake pan over it. Fold the ends of the foil up to make handles.
- Place a wire rack in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Place the cake pan in the Instant Pot and tuck the foil handles in the side between the cake pan and pot.
- Press "pressure cook" or "manual" and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally, then allow the cake to cool completely with the lid off.
- Remove the cake from the Instant Pot, cover, and chill for 8 hours.
- Add frosting if desired, serve chilled with a dollop of vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream.
To make the frosting, mix all frosting ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth.