Whether you like them with spicy Buffalo sauce or with sweet honey mustard, I know you’ll love these crispy cauliflower bites! They’re easy to make in a large batch and perfect for sharing at parties or having as a late night snack.
We recently made these “vegan wings” as a superbowl snack at home, and let me tell you they did NOT last long!
You can make them three ways:
- Plain, no sauce (healthy and may I say “addictive?”)
- With spicy buffalo sauce (hubby’s favorite)
- With sweet honey mustard (our kids’ favorite!)
I will definitely be keeping the sauceless crispy cauliflower bites as a weekly normal in our house, either as a snack or as a side dish. You wouldn’t believe how yummy they are when roasted in the oven with just a tiny amount of coconut oil and corn starch!
In order to make the vegan Buffalo sauce, I strongly recommend using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. It’s just spicy enough and gives it that authentic taste.
If you want it spicier, go ahead and add some chili pepper or Tabasco to your sauce!
I stored my extra sauce in an empty bottle in the fridge like this:
These cauliflower bites taste the best when they’re hot, so if you plan to serve them at a party, don’t start cooking them until your guests have arrived and are starting to get hungry.
To make the sweet honey mustard sauce, I mixed equal parts brown sugar, agave syrup, and mustard. You can use honey too if that’s your thing.
My kids loved the honey mustard sauce. There’s just a little hint of heat in the cauliflower, but it balances out with the sweetness of the sauce. They aren’t huge mustard fans but they didn’t seem to mind it in the sauce! 🙂vegan ranch dressing!
Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
For The Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of onion powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
For The Honey Mustard Sauce
- 4 Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp coconut oil
For The Crispy Cauliflower
- 1-2 large heads cauliflower
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1-2 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For either sauce, first microwave the coconut oil for 30 seconds to a minute, until it has liquified. Then whisk in the other ingredients and set aside.
- For the cauliflower, break the head into small bite size pieces. Put in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil for 30-60 seconds in the microwave and pour it over the cauliflower, stir or shake (covered) to coat evenly. Then sprinkle on the cornstarch and gently toss until it is distributed evenly. Drizzle the hot sauce, salt & pepper evenly over the cauliflower as well.
- Put cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 20 minutes, turning over after 10 minutes.
- Pour desired sauce over cauliflower and serve while hot, with vegan ranch dressing on the side.