This quick-and-easy Asian salad has baked tofu, mouthwatering sesame dressing and a squeeze of fresh lime for a zesty, vegan-friendly meal.
Lately I’ve been really into making vegan salads. Nothing beats a dinner of fresh salad greens, raw veggies, and whole foods – it’s reinvigorating, for sure!
How To Make A Vegan Asian Salad With Tofu
To make this salad, you will need:
- Romaine lettuce (a spring mix-type lettuce would probably work well, too)
- Firm or extra-firm tofu (learn about tofu)
- Cucumber (I used mini cucumbers because they’re just the right size)
- Corn – I used canned corn. Fresh corn works too, just have to cook and let it cool first. I don’t recommend using frozen corn for the Asian salad because it will be too chewy.
- Green onion
- Fresh lime – don’t use store-bought lime juice in this recipe. You want your lime flavor to be fresh!
- Red cabbage – you can use green cabbage too.
- Sunflower seeds – you can omit them if you don’t have any
The ingredient quantities are listed below.
Asian Salad Dressing
Also for this recipe you’ll need to make sesame dressing. The sesame dressing is made with white miso paste, toasted sesame seeds, vegetable oil or light-flavored extra virgin olive oil, organic sugar, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. I do use a food processor to make the dressing, although a blender would work fine also.
If you don’t have the ingredients to make the sesame dressing, you could try the dressing in this vegan chickpea salad recipe.
Asian Salad with Tofu and Sesame Dressing
- 2 oz Firm Tofu
- ¼ cup Corn
- ¼ cup Red Cabbage
- ¼ cup Cucumber
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion
- ¼ Lime
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2-3 cups Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Dressing
- Lightly press the tofu to squeeze out some of the water. Cut into 4 layers and cut the layers into triangles. Bake in the oven at 350° Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- While the tofu bakes, wash and chop the lettuce. Slice the cucumber into diagonal coins.Thinly slice the red cabbage and the green onions.If using canned corn, drain it.Slice a lime into wedges.
- For the dressing, please follow my recipe for sesame dressing.
- Assemble each salad using the quantities listed.